Thursday, March 23, 2006

Auntie... Meme?

Man, Blogger sure is biting my ass as I try to figure it out. Yesterday I got all excited about putting in pictures in various and sundry locations until I realized that a) it only wanted to put one up at the very top of the post, and b) when I tried to undo my work and add it again because I wanted to see if I could work the text wrap better, it gave up on the text wrap entirely and decided never again to confirm the addition of any pictures. Ever. So I had to manually code in the image. (That's a laugh, eh?) Now today I notice that my links don't work to Jacquilynne's LJ and Puzzle Pirates site because, despite coding them the way in which they should be coded, it wants to insert "www.blogger.com" before the URL I put in. Which, of course, leads nowhere, because why would anyone make a page called "www.blogger.com/jacquilynne.livejournal.com"?

Anyways.

Perhaps later on I will post another picture from the archives -- that of the late, lamented Space Invaders hat. Le sigh. But for now, I think I'll start in on actual non-kvetchy content by introducing "Auntie Meme" (har har) from those nutty Knotty Girls Jen and La, whose idea I found through Carrieoke. Think I'm done with the namedropping yet? Hardly! They decided to start this one because "most of them, in our opinion, suck ass." For now, I'll just post it here while I muse on its little challenge, but if anyone wants to join me, I'd love to see what you come up with. I'll post my results when I come up with 'em.

*********

HA. YOU’RE TAGGED AGAIN. Yes, you. This time we are sending you on a Knit Blog Scavenger Hunt.

Rules:
-Your finds must come from knit blogs.
-You may not use a blog for more than one item-all items must come from different sources.
-Finds can come from current entries or archives.
-You must post your answers with the title of the blogs they were found on and a link to the blog/item (permalinks where appropriate) on your blog. If no permalink is available, give us the post date.
-Do not steal anyone’s bandwidth-which means you should not hotlink pictures.
-You need to comment and let us know when you have completed this meme.

1. A blog which you think people have not discovered.
2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative.
3. An unusual or weird animal picture.
4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers.
5. An idea you wish you’d thought of.
6. Something you’d like to knit.
7. A picture of something you consider beautiful
8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person
9. A blog of someone you have already met in person.

Now, be sure to leave a comment so we (and others) know to go check out your finds! Happy hunting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home