Saturday, April 08, 2006

Such excitement!

And I'm not even referring to our DUAL NCAA championships in both men's and women's hockey. (Or AM I????)

But anyways. (After writing this entry, I thought I should go back and warn that this is a rather "cleaning up loose ends" post with not much meat. Kind of the mealy crabcake on the appetizer platter of blogland, so consider yourself warned :P)

After that last entry I thought a bit about the knitting_snark community. I don't particularly want to encourage what my husband refers to as the "nattering nabobs of (k)nitting negativity," and I decided to remove them from my friendslist.

Of course, given that I still wanted to read them on occasion, I didn't actually leave the community...

And then, after a particularly galling spate of idiocy elsewhere, just SCREAMING for commentary, I refriended them...

Who knows. I shall, however, try on my own behalf to keep things in the spirit in which they are intended -- which is to say modding things quickly and cheerfully so people don't keep making themselves fodder. Blecch.

In other news, I found out that the daughter of a family friend is not only pregnant but due next month. Heavens. This brings my baby-items-needed count up to somewhere between three and five. I've got quite a lot of nice baby superwash lying around, but who knows if I'll have time. I've got a rather haphazard trip to LA coming up next week, so hopefully I can arrange a proper little kit that will travel well.

My baby bath blanket, the only project actually in progress, has now passed the halfway point, and the lunch/baby shower was postponed due to the mom's bed rest. So I do have a little bit of a reprieve. But I've been working on two other big non-knitting projects recently, and those have been taking up most of my evenings for the last month or so. One's a silly little artistic thing that I could finish tonight if I buckle down, but it's just getting completely tedious and feels like gilding the lily. The other thing will be done by the time I get back from LA. (Cryptic, I know.) I'm just really looking forward to finally getting to work on all sorts of other little projects.

Finally, the most exciting part: we FINALLY got a new digital camera. Yay! The blog should be a much more interesting place. I'm still bummed that nobody got pictures of some of my earlier FOs, but hopefully we can make up for that with better frequency in general.

In addition, a well-timed jaunt to IKEA by a friend resulted in the acquisition of my new storage unit Antonius (a combination of a rolling metal frame with four fabric drawers and a wooden worktop). It's compact yet spacious, and it looks so much nicer than just a plastic bin. Very customizable, too. I could probably even attach my ballwinder to that instead of my computer desk. Unfortunately, they were out of the Fira unit, which I'd hoped to put on top for a more organized circular needle storage solution. I suppose that's an excuse for us to roadtrip back down again. Really -- who can resist the big blue store and a stop at the Belvidere Oasis? Not I.

So. Huzzah and all that, and I'll catch you on the flipside.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the Belvediere Oasis...you laugh, you cry, but mainly, you just cry. Take pictures next time and share your pain! Good Luck out West!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home