Monday, July 10, 2006

i ROOL!

w00t! I finished knitting Icarus last night during the second of four hours in the car. It looks... well, scrunchy, but we all knew that.

The yarn situation was just ridiculous... I got practically to the end and was holding my breath, but 1/4 of the bindoff took about 1/2 the yarn I had left for that row. I tried to think of another bindoff I could use, but I could tell that this one was really what made the edge so nice and flexible. I was visiting the lovely Lemur who let me stash dive a little, so first I tried some leftover Shetland. It was lime green and contrasted nicely, but was a bit too bold. So I ripped out again and picked up some Gems Pearl in what was probably Aqua (hello, Borealis Yarns!) before heading on the road. Pearl has more sheen and a more defined ply, and it's obviously not handpainted like the rest of the shawl. Still, the color match with the dominant shade of the handpaint is amazing, and I think it looks great. Throwing out a wild guess, I'd say it probably took 10 meters or so, and I bought two skeins, so I'll think of some other project to use up the rest of it.

Now to the ends, the blocking and the pictures. (And the inevitable must-find-new-project letdown.)

(x-posted to icarusalong.blogspot.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home