Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sup.

Here we are in the middle of a heat wave, and I'm sitting in my office wearing a getting-kinda-ratty zip-up hooded sweatshirt. The office cardigan is no closer to being completed than it was two years ago. Such is life.

I was pretty much done with the increases in my first sleeve of my mom's Noro cardigan, but I suddenly got sick of the endless stockinette. Don't know whether it was the weather or the fact that somewhere along the line I added an extra stitch (or did I just forget one? The world may never know...). Seems like I could find any old excuse for not working on it. So I put it aside for now; she wouldn't be able to wear it for several more months anyway.

I don't know where my Mermaid's Hair pattern ran off to, but it ain't around. You'd think, too, that I'd have it figured out by now, but that is not the case. Why? Well, it seems to move at the pace of frozen molasses.

Meanwhile, my lace jones and my need for something to keep my brain occupied finally led me to start Hazel Carter's Violets by the River shawl. Its simple four-row repeat may drive me nuts like Kiri, but there are clearly defined points of progress that will make me happy. Plus it's a great opportunity to break out the Misti Alpaca laceweight. I've never used alpaca before; I thought, "Eh, I'm sure it's pretty nice." OOOOOH, it's so soft. I want to touch it and touch it and touch it. For 6 bucks a skein, it's a darn good price, too.

In addition, this Friday marks the beginning of Mystery Stole 3. I'll be out of town pretty much all through the weekend and next week, so I should have some good knitting time if I choose to take it. (Hey, I'm not driving!) I tried the first one several years ago and failed miserably, but this time around I have a lot more experience, both with lace and knitting in general. I had a lot of trouble reading the charts and just generally getting flustered, so this should be more fun.

Of course, I do like to match the project to a good yarn, and it's so hard to figure out what to use when I don't know what it'll look like! My laceweight options include a deep teal, a bright red and a very soft mint green. I just don't know. Maybe I should grab something else...

Yarn diet be damned.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home